1. Spending more time than I would like writing a portfolio about my last two years of being a librarian. This is so I can send it to the Real Librarian’s club and be allowed to be a Real Librarian too. Working in a library is not a pretend job I have until I ‘make it’ as a writer. I like it very much. So I am writing the portfolio and applying to join the club. I am going to put a bit in the portfolio about Sh. It is going into the section about new technologies. I like the Sh bit. It is a very different kind of writing. The prose is ugly, although I do like using bullet points and tables.
- like this
- and this
2. Practising yoga in my bedroom when no-one else is around to laugh at me. I used to go to a yoga class and I stopped because I felt daft doing it in front of people. Now I am doing it again to cure some persistent conditions. Such as
- out of control imaginings resulting in anxiety
- persistent borderline alcoholism
3. Writing a second draft of fishbook, adding scenes that should have been there in the first place, and trying to find a structure for it. This is hard and tiring but I like it better than first drafts.
- I don’t have a relevant bullet point for this.